March 5, 2007
Quagga mussels – an extraordinarily prolific and costly invasive species – have appeared in Lake Mead, and no one is sure how to keep these unwanted newcomers from infesting the West. Also in this issue: Condor 134’s harrowing experience with lead poisoning exemplifies these endangered birds’ greatest challenge – which some advocates hope to ease by banning lead bullets in California.
- Kate Schimel on FBI nabs BLM bombing suspect; Wyoming wind resistance; unofficial border patrol
- Richard Crow on How the Keep it in the Ground movement came to be
- Robert Riversong on FBI nabs BLM bombing suspect; Wyoming wind resistance; unofficial border patrol
- Dale Lockwood on Stop the rock-stacking
- Mike Campo on Stop the rock-stacking