I'd like to comment on Scott W. Reed's opinion, March 20, that "there should be no free lunch for recreationists."
Here we are again: a bewildered and beleagured public losing another freedom we take for granted. I'm wondering, what's a recreationist? It's no doubt a person, probably a human, out for a stroll over the land, enjoying an evening by firelight, the stars, coyote howls, a sunrise, a moonset in the twilight sky. We should pay a bureaucratic patriarch for this experience? I thought it was a birthright.
- Dave Cichan on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- Keith Barefoot on Illegal flights persist despite national park drone ban
- Greg Graves on Illegal flights persist despite national park drone ban
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Beth & George Broyles on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans