Attitudes of many environmentalists alienate moderate members of the general public and prevent cooperation and consensus among like-minded groups. The lawbreakers in the story were poachers, not hunters. The person who wrote the piece should have enough maturity and awareness to make that distinction. The end results of this and similar barbs by environmentalists towards ethical hunters are significant barriers to cooperation between these two groups, both of which have very compatible goals.
Chris Bailey Valdosta, Georgia
- Jim Scarborough on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- on Feds opt not to list Mono Basin sage grouse
- Chase Gunnell on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- Arnold Weissberg on Ranch Diaries: Building community in the middle of nowhere
- Steve Snyder on Only 40 years ago, the Earth got its day