Attitudes of many environmentalists alienate moderate members of the general public and prevent cooperation and consensus among like-minded groups. The lawbreakers in the story were poachers, not hunters. The person who wrote the piece should have enough maturity and awareness to make that distinction. The end results of this and similar barbs by environmentalists towards ethical hunters are significant barriers to cooperation between these two groups, both of which have very compatible goals.
Chris Bailey Valdosta, Georgia
- Dean Nyffeler on New data released on violent threats to federal employees
- John Crosse on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- John Worlock on The U.S.’s only rare-earth mine files for bankruptcy
- Andy Grosland on The pain thief of Spokane
- Andy Grosland on The U.S.’s only rare-earth mine files for bankruptcy