Attitudes of many environmentalists alienate moderate members of the general public and prevent cooperation and consensus among like-minded groups. The lawbreakers in the story were poachers, not hunters. The person who wrote the piece should have enough maturity and awareness to make that distinction. The end results of this and similar barbs by environmentalists towards ethical hunters are significant barriers to cooperation between these two groups, both of which have very compatible goals.
Chris Bailey Valdosta, Georgia
- Andrew Sipocz on The great salmon compromise
- Kyle Klain on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area
- Mary Sojourner on Rants from the Hill: Desert Insomnia
- Mary Sojourner on Solace at the end of Homer Spit
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on Why are Hopi rangers impounding sheep at Black Mesa?