Attitudes of many environmentalists alienate moderate members of the general public and prevent cooperation and consensus among like-minded groups. The lawbreakers in the story were poachers, not hunters. The person who wrote the piece should have enough maturity and awareness to make that distinction. The end results of this and similar barbs by environmentalists towards ethical hunters are significant barriers to cooperation between these two groups, both of which have very compatible goals.
Chris Bailey Valdosta, Georgia
- Wendy Beye on Another Yellowstone River oil spill
- Harvey H Reading on Wyoming grazing dispute threatens bighorn sheep
- irene gilbert on Critical mule deer research relies on fundraising
- Micaela Fischer on The Unusual Occupation at Utah’s Book Cliffs
- Larry Bullock on Wyoming grazing dispute threatens bighorn sheep