February 5, 2007
Water efficiency has long been touted as a silver bullet for the West?s water problems, but too much efficiency can cause problems of its own, especially in the fragile Colorado River Delta. Also in this issue: In Idaho and Wyoming, old eminent domain laws allow private entities to condemn landowners? property ? as Peter and Judy Riede discovered when J.R. Simplot Co. announced plans to expand its phosphate mine and build a road across their ranch.
- Todd Leeds on What will become of the backcountry in Utah’s Wasatch?
- Candy Odiorne on Why are Western attorneys general going rogue?
- Carol Bartlett on Looking back on a century of poisoning predators
- Matt Chew on The beaver whisperer
- Mike Sennett on Ducks Unlimited fires writer over stream access fracas