December 11, 2006
Former Park Service supervisors Bill Wade and Ron Arnberger formed the Coalition of National Park Service Retirees to defend the national parks from what they see as the Bush administration’s ill-conceived changes. Also in this issue: Six decades after Friant Dam killed off the San Joaquin River’s spring-run chinook, the Natural Resources Defense Council and the Friant Water Users Authority are working with the federal government to restore both the fish and the river.
- Richard Crow on An interview with the first African-American president of the Sierra Club
- Richard Crow on Is Yucca Mountain back on the table?
- Tom Darnell on After one record-setting wildfire, a Washington county prepares for more
- Carol Bartlett on Montana farmers start talking climate change
- G M Ferguson on What's the matter with New Mexico