December 11, 2006
Former Park Service supervisors Bill Wade and Ron Arnberger formed the Coalition of National Park Service Retirees to defend the national parks from what they see as the Bush administration’s ill-conceived changes. Also in this issue: Six decades after Friant Dam killed off the San Joaquin River’s spring-run chinook, the Natural Resources Defense Council and the Friant Water Users Authority are working with the federal government to restore both the fish and the river.
- Harvey H Reading on Jury finds occupiers of Oregon wildlife refuge not guilty
- Wayne L Hare on I have a lot in common with the Bundys. Here’s what I’d like to say to them.
- Richard Jones on Getting over the ‘taboo’ in a gun-rights conversation
- Harvey H Reading on Should we accept invasive species that don’t cause harm?
- Richard Jones on Jury finds occupiers of Oregon wildlife refuge not guilty