November 27, 2006
Among the top 10 lessons gained from the 2006 midterm elections is that there can be no doubt now of the West’s rising importance as a center of political power. Also in this issue: A new plan to steer energy development away from cultural sites in New Mexico could streamline energy development, fund archaeological research and preserve ancient sites all at once.
- John H Marble on The view from the top of the food chain
- Charles Fox on Looking back on a century of poisoning predators
- Kate Schimel on What will become of the backcountry in Utah’s Wasatch?
- Doug Pineo on Ducks Unlimited fires writer over stream access fracas
- Stephen/Kathlee Martinek on The life of a once-lost dog