November 27, 2006
Among the top 10 lessons gained from the 2006 midterm elections is that there can be no doubt now of the West’s rising importance as a center of political power. Also in this issue: A new plan to steer energy development away from cultural sites in New Mexico could streamline energy development, fund archaeological research and preserve ancient sites all at once.
- Warren Anderson on An ardent defender of North Dakota's badlands wonders if it's time to leave
- Jim Scarborough on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- on Feds opt not to list Mono Basin sage grouse
- Chase Gunnell on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- Arnold Weissberg on Ranch Diaries: Building community in the middle of nowhere