November 27, 2006
Among the top 10 lessons gained from the 2006 midterm elections is that there can be no doubt now of the West’s rising importance as a center of political power. Also in this issue: A new plan to steer energy development away from cultural sites in New Mexico could streamline energy development, fund archaeological research and preserve ancient sites all at once.
- Cherilyn Eagar on The rise of the Sagebrush Sheriffs
- Robert Waddell on How do we define climate pollution's cost to society?
- Steve McCarthy on Graphic: The hidden connections of the Sagebrush Insurgency
- Stu Williams on How a huge Arizona mining deal was passed — and could be revoked
- Richard Reinaker on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution