I don’t doubt for a minute that there were and still are reckless, thoughtless cyclists for whom it’s all about the gear and testosterone. But given that that’s true for just about any group, I’m still struck by the folly of turning against each other. The foes of wilderness are far too numerous and strong for us to be quibbling amongst ourselves about what configuration of rubber and metal we use to get around in the backcountry.
- Bill Schiffbauer on Utah burn ban ignites outrage over ‘basic freedoms’
- Jim Scarborough on Rural counties dealing with loss of fed dollars
- Len Newton on Another Yellowstone River oil spill
- Wendy Beye on Another Yellowstone River oil spill
- Harvey H Reading on Wyoming grazing dispute threatens bighorn sheep