I don’t doubt for a minute that there were and still are reckless, thoughtless cyclists for whom it’s all about the gear and testosterone. But given that that’s true for just about any group, I’m still struck by the folly of turning against each other. The foes of wilderness are far too numerous and strong for us to be quibbling amongst ourselves about what configuration of rubber and metal we use to get around in the backcountry.
- Regina Johnson on Rep. Rob Bishop is chipping away at Theodore Roosevelt's legacy
- Andy Grosland on Sugar Pine Mine, the other standoff
- Andy Grosland on I have a lot in common with the Bundys. Here's what I'd like to say to them.
- Melissa McDowell on I have a lot in common with the Bundys. Here's what I'd like to say to them.
- Richard Reinaker on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution