This experience is the same for any hiker in a wilderness or pristine hiking area who encounters mountain bikes whirling past and not respecting your rights as a hiker. This happens constantly on trails throughout Oregon; it’s mechanical versus manual walking, human versus non-human methods of travel in our forests. Bikes and hikers have never mixed well. Keep bikes out of wilderness.
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation