This experience is the same for any hiker in a wilderness or pristine hiking area who encounters mountain bikes whirling past and not respecting your rights as a hiker. This happens constantly on trails throughout Oregon; it’s mechanical versus manual walking, human versus non-human methods of travel in our forests. Bikes and hikers have never mixed well. Keep bikes out of wilderness.
- Jim Scarborough on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- on Feds opt not to list Mono Basin sage grouse
- Chase Gunnell on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- Arnold Weissberg on Ranch Diaries: Building community in the middle of nowhere
- Steve Snyder on Only 40 years ago, the Earth got its day