This experience is the same for any hiker in a wilderness or pristine hiking area who encounters mountain bikes whirling past and not respecting your rights as a hiker. This happens constantly on trails throughout Oregon; it’s mechanical versus manual walking, human versus non-human methods of travel in our forests. Bikes and hikers have never mixed well. Keep bikes out of wilderness.
- Steve Snyder on The rise of the Sagebrush Sheriffs
- Paul Lindholdt on The rise of the Sagebrush Sheriffs
- Robert Eaton on The rise of the Sagebrush Sheriffs
- Andy Grosland on Four charts that show how public land is good for rural areas
- Charles Fox on Ranch Diaries: Should we name the animals we raise to eat?