This experience is the same for any hiker in a wilderness or pristine hiking area who encounters mountain bikes whirling past and not respecting your rights as a hiker. This happens constantly on trails throughout Oregon; it’s mechanical versus manual walking, human versus non-human methods of travel in our forests. Bikes and hikers have never mixed well. Keep bikes out of wilderness.
- Rick Masters on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- W John Faust on Freeway closure by flash flood should teach us a lesson
- David Taft on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- Ryan Stevenson on Can human judgment handle avalanches?