October 16, 2006
In Oregon, a revolutionary community alliance is working to put water – and steelhead trout – back into the Deschutes River. Also in this issue: A federal judge has reinstated President Clinton’s roadless rule protecting forests in the Lower 48 states, but the decision seems to have only confused the issue of forest management and is likely to end up back in court.
- Irene S on No direction home
- Richard Crow on Ranch Diaries: Why cowboy life is intense
- Richard Crow on Mass shootings in Western states, by the numbers
- Mary Mcallister on Wildland restoration is like marriage: An imperfect work in progress
- qqq uiop on Does optimism have a place in Western water politics?