Resisting immigration seems to be the only way we can resist being overwhelmed by our species’ success in carrying out the religious dictate "Go forth and multiply." Am I a nasty redneck cave-dweller? No, I’m an old Socialist who is so democratic that she believes other species, as well as her own, deserve their place on this one tiny life-supporting speck in the universe.
Lois Phillips Hudson
- Rich & Terry Fairbanks on Rural communities in the West need a fair shake
- on Jim Deacon, pioneering desert fish biologist, dies
- Larry Bullock on Ranch Diaries: A New Mexico cattle company is born
- Randy Piper on Bark beetle kill leads to more severe fires, right? Well, maybe
- Delaine Spilsbury on The water czar who reshaped Colorado River politics