September 18, 2006
Mountain bikers are finally winning respect, along with increased access to trails, but a growing breed of gonzo riders with heavy, fast, high-tech bikes — and a thirst for riding in wilderness — could threaten all that. Also in this issue: National pundits say the nation’s political parties are moving toward the extremes, but in the West, Republicans — unhappy with some far-right politicians — seem to be heading back to the middle.
- Scott Veirs on A tax on carbon pollution faces surprising opposition
- Jim Bolen on A tax on carbon pollution faces surprising opposition
- David W Hamilton on Comb Ridge parcel sold to highest bidder
- Michael Bryant on Comb Ridge parcel sold to highest bidder
- David W Hamilton on What we’re reading about the Bundy trial in Oregon