Everyone who lives in the West is a transplant or has felt the impact of migration; few places have not experienced the region's booms and busts. What makes urbanites pull up stakes, and how is the latest influx affecting Western land and communities? Academics such as geography professor Bill Riebsame and writers such as poet Gary Holthaus and HCN's Ed Marston explore these questions in a new 50-minute video from Colorado State University called Subdividing the West: Implications of Growth. A $10 copy of the video is available from Instructional Services, Colorado State University, A71 Clark Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523.
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation