August 7, 2006
The science behind endangered species is extremely complicated, as seen in the clash between biologist Rob Roy Ramey II and geneticist Tim King over whether Preble’s meadow jumping mouse in Colorado is truly a legitimate subspecies deserving protection. Also in this issue: New Mexico and other Western states are eagerly vying to get into the movie business, offering film companies an assortment of tax breaks and financial incentives.
- Thomas Arvensis on Real reporting for a divided country
- David W Hamilton on With more monuments, Republican backlash mounts
- David W Hamilton on Real reporting for a divided country
- Mark Rozman on Trump’s Interior pick confounds conservationists
- Robert Atkins on With more monuments, Republican backlash mounts