July 24, 2006
The Western states are home to a stealth campaign by libertarians who – under the guise of reforming eminent domain – are out to destroy all land-use planning through "takings" ballot initiatives. Also in this issue: Even as Western states debate the best way to look after their roadless areas, logging, drilling and mining are already happening on some formerly protected lands.
- Karl Anderson on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution
- Mark Rozman on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?
- Rich Fairbanks on Graphic: The hidden connections of the Sagebrush Insurgency
- Charles Fox on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?
- Steve Snyder on The rise of the Sagebrush Sheriffs