June 12, 2006
Phoenix, Ariz., is determined to disprove the idea that the West will someday run out of water and that every boom has to come to an end. Also in this issue: Newly appointed Interior Secretary Dirk Kempthorne has a chance to use his deal-making abilities to bring change to the way Western public lands are managed.
- Keith Barefoot on California’s recent rains won’t fix its other, very big problem
- David W Hamilton on The House wants to change how regulations are made
- Alexander Clayton on California’s recent rains won’t fix its other, very big problem
- Mark Rozman on U.S. House changes its rules to ease federal land transfers
- Adam O\'Neill on Colorado’s controversial plan to kill predators