May 29, 2006
In his determination to cling, however hopelessly, to Utah’s past, Canyon Country Zephyr founder Jim Stiles has taken on miners, ranchers, developers, mountain bikers and – most recently – some of his fellow environmentalists. Also in this issue: "Divine Strake" — a proposed weapons detonation at the Nevada Test Site — has stirred up fears of radioactive contamination and the possibility of a new nuclear arms race.
- Marc Norton on The Park Service doesn’t need corporate sponsorship. It needs proper funding.
- Mike Sennett on Judge strikes down BLM fracking rule
- Steve Snyder on The Park Service doesn’t need corporate sponsorship. It needs proper funding.
- Mark Rozman on Study finds surprising source of Colorado River water supply
- Brett Moorhouse on How do Trump and Clinton differ on conservation?