Does anything good come out of rapid growth? The trend toward urbanization of the rural West is the theme of "Community Values, Change, Growth and Quality of Life," a May 10 symposium in western Colorado's Glenwood Springs. Speakers include Daniel Kemmis, mayor of Missoula, Raye Ringholz, author of Little Town Blues - Voices from the Changing West, and Ed and Betsy Marston, publisher and editor of High Country News. For more information contact the Community Trust Institute, 1101 8th Street, Glenwood Springs, CO 81601 (970/945-5912).
- Michael Parker on Analyst: FBI let Malheur militants save face to end occupation
- Deb Dedon on A new and more dangerous Sagebrush Rebellion
- Deb Dedon on Analyst: FBI let Malheur militants save face to end occupation
- George McCloskey on In Washington, the 'necessity defense' on trial alongside activists
- Louis F Good on Should this national monument become a national park?