Does anything good come out of rapid growth? The trend toward urbanization of the rural West is the theme of "Community Values, Change, Growth and Quality of Life," a May 10 symposium in western Colorado's Glenwood Springs. Speakers include Daniel Kemmis, mayor of Missoula, Raye Ringholz, author of Little Town Blues - Voices from the Changing West, and Ed and Betsy Marston, publisher and editor of High Country News. For more information contact the Community Trust Institute, 1101 8th Street, Glenwood Springs, CO 81601 (970/945-5912).
- Michael Welsh on Considering historical correctness in New Mexico
- Bob Laybourn on Considering historical correctness in New Mexico
- William R DeJager on Wolf pups, and the return of wild wonder
- Brad Bergstrom on Did Obama's Interior hobble the Endangered Species Act?
- Dwayne Meadows on Idaho’s sewer system is the Snake River