Does anything good come out of rapid growth? The trend toward urbanization of the rural West is the theme of "Community Values, Change, Growth and Quality of Life," a May 10 symposium in western Colorado's Glenwood Springs. Speakers include Daniel Kemmis, mayor of Missoula, Raye Ringholz, author of Little Town Blues - Voices from the Changing West, and Ed and Betsy Marston, publisher and editor of High Country News. For more information contact the Community Trust Institute, 1101 8th Street, Glenwood Springs, CO 81601 (970/945-5912).
- Jim Scarborough on Rural counties dealing with loss of fed dollars
- Len Newton on Another Yellowstone River oil spill
- Wendy Beye on Another Yellowstone River oil spill
- Harvey H Reading on Wyoming grazing dispute threatens bighorn sheep
- irene gilbert on Critical mule deer research relies on fundraising