A public forum, "Paradigms in Transition: Natural Resources Management in the New Century," April 11 at Colorado State University will take a multi-disciplinary look at how we manage - and mismanage - natural resources. "We need to educate land stewards like doctors," says forum coordinator Rick Knight. "They need to be able to tell when the land is healthy and when it is degraded, not just how to count board-feet." Speakers include Western historian Patricia Limerick, ecological economist Robert Costanza, historian Curt Meine, sociologist Mark Brunson, ecologist S.T.A. Pickett and educator Susan Jacobson. The forum will be held at Lory Student Center, Colorado State University, Fort Collins. For more information contact Rick Knight, 303/491-6714.
- David W Hamilton on What we’re reading about the Bundy trial in Oregon
- Clay Dusel on New measures could reduce Glen Canyon Dam’s impact on the Grand Canyon — a bit
- David W Hamilton on ‘These big dreams to have everyone prosper’
- Dale Lockwood on Trump met with a leader of the land transfer movement
- Jim Bolen on A tax on carbon pollution faces surprising opposition