A public forum, "Paradigms in Transition: Natural Resources Management in the New Century," April 11 at Colorado State University will take a multi-disciplinary look at how we manage - and mismanage - natural resources. "We need to educate land stewards like doctors," says forum coordinator Rick Knight. "They need to be able to tell when the land is healthy and when it is degraded, not just how to count board-feet." Speakers include Western historian Patricia Limerick, ecological economist Robert Costanza, historian Curt Meine, sociologist Mark Brunson, ecologist S.T.A. Pickett and educator Susan Jacobson. The forum will be held at Lory Student Center, Colorado State University, Fort Collins. For more information contact Rick Knight, 303/491-6714.
- Meg Scherch-Peterson on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans