A public forum, "Paradigms in Transition: Natural Resources Management in the New Century," April 11 at Colorado State University will take a multi-disciplinary look at how we manage - and mismanage - natural resources. "We need to educate land stewards like doctors," says forum coordinator Rick Knight. "They need to be able to tell when the land is healthy and when it is degraded, not just how to count board-feet." Speakers include Western historian Patricia Limerick, ecological economist Robert Costanza, historian Curt Meine, sociologist Mark Brunson, ecologist S.T.A. Pickett and educator Susan Jacobson. The forum will be held at Lory Student Center, Colorado State University, Fort Collins. For more information contact Rick Knight, 303/491-6714.
- Mary Sojourner on Rants from the Hill: Desert Insomnia
- Mary Sojourner on Solace at the end of Homer Spit
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on Why are Hopi rangers impounding sheep at Black Mesa?
- Emma Drew on What’s in the water in Woods Cross?
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on On Black Mesa, the natives make a comeback