Fred W. Rabe
146 pages, softcover: $29.95
Aquatic Ecosystems, 2006.
Exploring High Mountain Lakes in the Rockies features dozens of color photographs, maps and sketches. But it’s not a travel guide to the approximately 8,000 high-elevation lakes speckling the region; instead of trails, biologist Fred Rabe describes geology, aquatic plants and animals, lake formation and so on. You can amaze your hiking companions with newfound knowledge, such as whether a lake’s inlet stream is a "cascade-pool" or a "meandering glide."
- Helen Neufeld on Critics see GOP wildfire bill as attack on environmental protections
- Larry Bullock on The Latest: Wild Mexican wolf pups born in Sierra Madre
- Bruce Vojtecky on A day on the river that ended in a death
- Larry Bullock on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- stuart polack on bobcat kill