Fred W. Rabe
146 pages, softcover: $29.95
Aquatic Ecosystems, 2006.
Exploring High Mountain Lakes in the Rockies features dozens of color photographs, maps and sketches. But it’s not a travel guide to the approximately 8,000 high-elevation lakes speckling the region; instead of trails, biologist Fred Rabe describes geology, aquatic plants and animals, lake formation and so on. You can amaze your hiking companions with newfound knowledge, such as whether a lake’s inlet stream is a "cascade-pool" or a "meandering glide."
- Jimmy Dean on Forest Service’s mission goes up in flames
- Franklin Carroll on A new wildfire protection approach in Colorado
- Mark H Miller on A new wildfire protection approach in Colorado
- Ann Harvey on Forest Service’s mission goes up in flames
- Valerie Heath-Harrison on Rants from the Hill: Hunting for Scorpions