Public-land agencies such as the one I work for are strapped more and more each year for funding. Between regular operations, added edicts every year from above, increasing vandalism and so on, there are better ways to spend our meager dollars than patrolling wilderness areas with a color chart to ensure that nobody’s equipment is too bright.
- Jim Scarborough on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- on Feds opt not to list Mono Basin sage grouse
- Chase Gunnell on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- Arnold Weissberg on Ranch Diaries: Building community in the middle of nowhere
- Steve Snyder on Only 40 years ago, the Earth got its day