Public-land agencies such as the one I work for are strapped more and more each year for funding. Between regular operations, added edicts every year from above, increasing vandalism and so on, there are better ways to spend our meager dollars than patrolling wilderness areas with a color chart to ensure that nobody’s equipment is too bright.
- Kyle Klain on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area
- Mary Sojourner on Rants from the Hill: Desert Insomnia
- Mary Sojourner on Solace at the end of Homer Spit
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on Why are Hopi rangers impounding sheep at Black Mesa?
- Emma Drew on What’s in the water in Woods Cross?