Public-land agencies such as the one I work for are strapped more and more each year for funding. Between regular operations, added edicts every year from above, increasing vandalism and so on, there are better ways to spend our meager dollars than patrolling wilderness areas with a color chart to ensure that nobody’s equipment is too bright.
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town