February 20, 2006
In Riverside County, Calif., the conflict between the Endangered Species Act’s critical habitat rule and the West’s booming, sprawling, growth-driven economy comes to a head. Also in this issue: The seven states of the Colorado River Basin have come to a groundbreaking agreement that, among other things, will allow cities such as Las Vegas to lease water from out-of-state farms during times of drought.
- Harvey H Reading on Jury finds occupiers of Oregon wildlife refuge not guilty
- Wayne L Hare on I have a lot in common with the Bundys. Here’s what I’d like to say to them.
- Richard Jones on Getting over the ‘taboo’ in a gun-rights conversation
- Harvey H Reading on Should we accept invasive species that don’t cause harm?
- Richard Jones on Jury finds occupiers of Oregon wildlife refuge not guilty