Charles van Riper III and David J. Mattson, eds.
352 pages, hardcover: $35
University of Arizona Press, 2005.
Every two years, scientists gather to discuss the history, biology and geology of the vast Colorado Plateau, which sprawls across the Four Corners area. This book presents their collected wisdom on topics ranging from rattlesnake movement patterns to watersheds. The Colorado Plateau II is a kaleidoscopic anthology sure to fascinate anyone interested in the region’s landscape and culture.
- Jim Bolen on Land transfer battles rage on, county by county
- Jim Bolen on We should be proud of delisting grizzlies
- Mike Carnall on How Utah coal interests helped push a secret plan to export coal from California
- John F Mijer on There’s no Brexit from our climate problems
- Thomas Arvensis on There’s no Brexit from our climate problems