Charles van Riper III and David J. Mattson, eds.
352 pages, hardcover: $35
University of Arizona Press, 2005.
Every two years, scientists gather to discuss the history, biology and geology of the vast Colorado Plateau, which sprawls across the Four Corners area. This book presents their collected wisdom on topics ranging from rattlesnake movement patterns to watersheds. The Colorado Plateau II is a kaleidoscopic anthology sure to fascinate anyone interested in the region’s landscape and culture.
- Barbara Ullian on How to love a weird and perfect wilderness
- John Wahoff on It’s not the Wild West anymore. Look before you shoot.
- Tom Kinnane on Missing science, disagreement surrounds fracking report
- Gerald Burton on Back to civics class: 10 things to know about Standing Rock
- Steve Snyder on Missing science, disagreement surrounds fracking report