Charles van Riper III and David J. Mattson, eds.
352 pages, hardcover: $35
University of Arizona Press, 2005.
Every two years, scientists gather to discuss the history, biology and geology of the vast Colorado Plateau, which sprawls across the Four Corners area. This book presents their collected wisdom on topics ranging from rattlesnake movement patterns to watersheds. The Colorado Plateau II is a kaleidoscopic anthology sure to fascinate anyone interested in the region’s landscape and culture.
- Harry Greene on The Pleistocene and the present don’t compute
- Michael/Teresa Newberry on American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline
- Penelope Blair on Rains bring incomplete drought relief to parts of Southwest
- W. Fred Sanders on American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline