Charles van Riper III and David J. Mattson, eds.
352 pages, hardcover: $35
University of Arizona Press, 2005.
Every two years, scientists gather to discuss the history, biology and geology of the vast Colorado Plateau, which sprawls across the Four Corners area. This book presents their collected wisdom on topics ranging from rattlesnake movement patterns to watersheds. The Colorado Plateau II is a kaleidoscopic anthology sure to fascinate anyone interested in the region’s landscape and culture.
- Sophia Bogner on Tribes win one fight, lose another in pipeline protest
- Carolyn Poissant on Top 10 reasons not to move to Bozeman
- G M Ferguson on An electric-power giant is poised to fail
- Candy Odiorne on Top 10 reasons not to move to Bozeman
- Laurinda Reinhart on New Mexican farmers struggle to stay on the land