Charles van Riper III and David J. Mattson, eds.
352 pages, hardcover: $35
University of Arizona Press, 2005.
Every two years, scientists gather to discuss the history, biology and geology of the vast Colorado Plateau, which sprawls across the Four Corners area. This book presents their collected wisdom on topics ranging from rattlesnake movement patterns to watersheds. The Colorado Plateau II is a kaleidoscopic anthology sure to fascinate anyone interested in the region’s landscape and culture.
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation