Charles van Riper III and David J. Mattson, eds.
352 pages, hardcover: $35
University of Arizona Press, 2005.
Every two years, scientists gather to discuss the history, biology and geology of the vast Colorado Plateau, which sprawls across the Four Corners area. This book presents their collected wisdom on topics ranging from rattlesnake movement patterns to watersheds. The Colorado Plateau II is a kaleidoscopic anthology sure to fascinate anyone interested in the region’s landscape and culture.
- Michael/Teresa Newberry on How do Trump and Clinton differ on conservation?
- Mark Rozman on Study finds surprising source of Colorado River water supply
- David W Hamilton on Don’t just save the Grand Canyon. Save the wider region, too.
- David W Hamilton on The Park Service doesn’t need corporate sponsorship. It needs proper funding.
- David W Hamilton on New Mexico’s baby wolf swap worked. Why won’t state officials get on board?