February 6, 2006
The first bison hunt in 15 years was supposed to offer hope for a reasonable solution to Yellowstone’s ‘buffalo problem,’ but a lifelong hunter who watched it says the senseless slaughter continues. Also in this issue: A group of scientists at Oregon State University’s College of Forestry publish a controversial study saying salvage logging may actually slow forest recovery.
- Krista Jordan on A Western lesson from Cecil the lion: trophy seekers aren't hunters
- John Pawlilkowski on Top 10 reasons not to move to Bozeman
- Greg D. Lind on Biking the line between wilderness and civilization
- Greg D. Lind on Readers’ essays on favorite spots to recreate
- Greg D. Lind on A tense confrontation on a quiet Montana road