February 6, 2006
The first bison hunt in 15 years was supposed to offer hope for a reasonable solution to Yellowstone’s ‘buffalo problem,’ but a lifelong hunter who watched it says the senseless slaughter continues. Also in this issue: A group of scientists at Oregon State University’s College of Forestry publish a controversial study saying salvage logging may actually slow forest recovery.
- Peter Nelson on Two political elites prevail in Navajo primary melee
- Deb Dedon on New Mexico delays controversial Gila vote
- Deb Dedon on Considering historical correctness in New Mexico
- Deb Dedon on Two political elites prevail in Navajo primary melee
- Chuck Brushwood on Did Obama's Interior hobble the Endangered Species Act?