Environmental breakthroughs of real consequence result from deep involvement in political, economic and sociological reality. There is no isolated pristine place from which meaningful breakthroughs can be levered.
People Who Care About the West ought to be the first to admit, and shout out loud, that knowledge about society is essential. We need more of that, not less. Please, let’s not turn that into an isolated dugout with a big sign: VARMENTALISTS STAY OUT.
North Bangor, New York
- Jim Scarborough on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- on Feds opt not to list Mono Basin sage grouse
- Chase Gunnell on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- Arnold Weissberg on Ranch Diaries: Building community in the middle of nowhere
- Steve Snyder on Only 40 years ago, the Earth got its day