Environmental breakthroughs of real consequence result from deep involvement in political, economic and sociological reality. There is no isolated pristine place from which meaningful breakthroughs can be levered.
People Who Care About the West ought to be the first to admit, and shout out loud, that knowledge about society is essential. We need more of that, not less. Please, let’s not turn that into an isolated dugout with a big sign: VARMENTALISTS STAY OUT.
North Bangor, New York
- Rich Schrader on How the West will feel groundwater shortages
- Rich Schrader on Freeway closure by flash flood should teach us a lesson
- vince bandola on The Forest Service battles placer mining with an obscure law
- Deb Dedon on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution