54 pages, softcover: $12
Congdon Printing & Imaging, 2005.
Engineer and city councilman Kamyar Enshayan considers the inevitable end of the fossil-fuel joyride. Short essays ponder topics we’ll all need to grapple with — like the truth about hydrogen and ethanol and what will make a livable city in 2050. Enshayan quotes writer Gary Snyder, who predicts that "all of us will come back again to hoe in the ground … or hand-adze a beam, or skin a pole …"
- Jim Scarborough on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- on Feds opt not to list Mono Basin sage grouse
- Chase Gunnell on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- Arnold Weissberg on Ranch Diaries: Building community in the middle of nowhere
- Steve Snyder on Only 40 years ago, the Earth got its day