54 pages, softcover: $12
Congdon Printing & Imaging, 2005.
Engineer and city councilman Kamyar Enshayan considers the inevitable end of the fossil-fuel joyride. Short essays ponder topics we’ll all need to grapple with — like the truth about hydrogen and ethanol and what will make a livable city in 2050. Enshayan quotes writer Gary Snyder, who predicts that "all of us will come back again to hoe in the ground … or hand-adze a beam, or skin a pole …"
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- Lee Rimel on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town