Getting the answer would require a government investigation. The federal Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS), which disbursed the money, says that details can’t be revealed even with a Freedom of Information Act request. The Klamath Forest Alliance has asked Rep. Mike Thompson, D-Calif., and other members of Congress to conduct an investigation, but we have been repeatedly rebuffed.
It seems that the representatives who brought home the bacon are not interested in learning how it was spent. I suspect there are some big skeletons locked in the Basin’s NRCS closets.
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation
- guy zoellner on A young mule stringer helps keep a dying profession alive