Rosemary Agonito and Joseph Agonito
245 pages, softcover: $12.95
Globe Pequot Press, 2005.
In Buffalo Calf Road Woman, the Agonitos describe the final, tragic days of Plains Indian culture as it was being ripped apart by settlers and soldiers. This fictionalized account portrays Buffalo Calf Road Woman, who rescued her brother at the Battle of the Rosebud and became the only woman warrior to fight at the Battle of the Little Bighorn.
- Jim Bolen on Bears Ears: Correcting an off-base argument
- Mark Rozman on At Standing Rock, activists dig in on historic treaty land
- Dana Powers on At Standing Rock, activists dig in on historic treaty land
- Steve Snyder on What Obama can actually do about Standing Rock
- Dana Powers on What Obama can actually do about Standing Rock