November 28, 2005
Energy companies are reaping billions in the West today, but few states are making sure that enough of that wealth stays at home and is invested wisely. Also in this issue: The long and carefully planned campaign to protect the Ojito Wilderness in New Mexico holds useful lessons for wilderness activists across the West.
- Dale Lockwood on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness
- Todd McMahon on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness
- The Taylors on Photos: A look at the West’s weirdest sports
- Doug Johnson on The West’s ‘new normal’: Another long season of volatile wildfires
- W John Faust on Meet the NASA scientist keeping an eye on California’s drought