It seems to me that we desperately need a Manhattan Project for the environmentally sustainable development and allocation of water resources in the West and a complete rewrite of Western water laws. There is no way that the Colorado River and Southwestern groundwater can indefinitely fuel the explosive growth of the Southwest without creating an environmental disaster for everyone and everything outside the city limits.
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town