It seems to me that we desperately need a Manhattan Project for the environmentally sustainable development and allocation of water resources in the West and a complete rewrite of Western water laws. There is no way that the Colorado River and Southwestern groundwater can indefinitely fuel the explosive growth of the Southwest without creating an environmental disaster for everyone and everything outside the city limits.
- David W Hamilton on What we’re reading about the Bundy trial in Oregon
- Clay Dusel on New measures could reduce Glen Canyon Dam’s impact on the Grand Canyon — a bit
- David W Hamilton on ‘These big dreams to have everyone prosper’
- Dale Lockwood on Trump met with a leader of the land transfer movement
- Jim Bolen on A tax on carbon pollution faces surprising opposition