As environmental justice activists point out again and again, the word "environment" is defined differently depending on race, culture, social class and geography. To assert that environmental articles should be limited to land use or habitat or natural resource issues misses the point. HCN is a publication "for people who care about the West," and like it or not, the West includes people.
- Shelley Stallings on Colorado’s controversial plan to kill predators
- Thomas Arvensis on Real reporting for a divided country
- David W Hamilton on With more monuments, Republican backlash mounts
- David W Hamilton on Real reporting for a divided country
- Mark Rozman on Trump’s Interior pick confounds conservationists