As environmental justice activists point out again and again, the word "environment" is defined differently depending on race, culture, social class and geography. To assert that environmental articles should be limited to land use or habitat or natural resource issues misses the point. HCN is a publication "for people who care about the West," and like it or not, the West includes people.
- Thomas Arvensis on How do we define climate pollution's cost to society?
- Gene Sengstake on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?
- Rich Jordan on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?
- Patrick Johnston on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?
- Tom Darnell on Four charts that show how public land is good for rural areas