As environmental justice activists point out again and again, the word "environment" is defined differently depending on race, culture, social class and geography. To assert that environmental articles should be limited to land use or habitat or natural resource issues misses the point. HCN is a publication "for people who care about the West," and like it or not, the West includes people.
- Jim Scarborough on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- on Feds opt not to list Mono Basin sage grouse
- Chase Gunnell on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- Arnold Weissberg on Ranch Diaries: Building community in the middle of nowhere
- Steve Snyder on Only 40 years ago, the Earth got its day