Critical habitat, which Pombo wants to destroy, is the heart of the Endangered Species Act. If you eliminate habitat, then you bring about extinction.
Pombo should not be allowed to bring about the end of days for the environment just so land developers, big timber and oil companies can tear into wild lands and wreak havoc on wildlife to line their pockets with money.
Center for Biological Diversity
- Jim Scarborough on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- on Feds opt not to list Mono Basin sage grouse
- Chase Gunnell on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- Arnold Weissberg on Ranch Diaries: Building community in the middle of nowhere
- Steve Snyder on Only 40 years ago, the Earth got its day