Critical habitat, which Pombo wants to destroy, is the heart of the Endangered Species Act. If you eliminate habitat, then you bring about extinction.
Pombo should not be allowed to bring about the end of days for the environment just so land developers, big timber and oil companies can tear into wild lands and wreak havoc on wildlife to line their pockets with money.
Center for Biological Diversity
- The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands
- Latest: California fracking companies inject protected aquifers with wastewater
- Obama's preemptive strike to reform Endangered Species Act
- Sightseeing at an open pit mine in Arizona copper country
- Wyoming trespass law is the latest in grazing battle
- Robb Cadwell on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Amy & Chris Gulick on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Richard H Ernst on The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands
- Luwella Leonardi on Blood Quantum
- Alaina Huxtable on Blood Quantum