Critical habitat, which Pombo wants to destroy, is the heart of the Endangered Species Act. If you eliminate habitat, then you bring about extinction.
Pombo should not be allowed to bring about the end of days for the environment just so land developers, big timber and oil companies can tear into wild lands and wreak havoc on wildlife to line their pockets with money.
Center for Biological Diversity
- Helen Neufeld on Critics see GOP wildfire bill as attack on environmental protections
- Larry Bullock on The Latest: Wild Mexican wolf pups born in Sierra Madre
- Bruce Vojtecky on A day on the river that ended in a death
- Larry Bullock on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- stuart polack on bobcat kill