Nor does Pepper display careful reasoning by rejecting "intelligent design" as the reason why existence is logically structured and thus amenable to scientific methodology in the first place. It is through just such intellectual carelessness that the scientific community itself regularly impedes human progress.
No, I don’t suggest anything supernatural, as opposed to evolution, is the source of the cosmos, nor that we should join ranks with leaders that evince themselves frauds. But some form of ultimate reality (to which the word "God" is particularly suitable) is certainly responsible for having in some fashion evolved into existence an organism capable of progressively understanding and articulating the universe of things. Unfortunately, neither religion nor science has yet tested synthesis as a possible solution to their dilemma.
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town