Nor does Pepper display careful reasoning by rejecting "intelligent design" as the reason why existence is logically structured and thus amenable to scientific methodology in the first place. It is through just such intellectual carelessness that the scientific community itself regularly impedes human progress.
No, I don’t suggest anything supernatural, as opposed to evolution, is the source of the cosmos, nor that we should join ranks with leaders that evince themselves frauds. But some form of ultimate reality (to which the word "God" is particularly suitable) is certainly responsible for having in some fashion evolved into existence an organism capable of progressively understanding and articulating the universe of things. Unfortunately, neither religion nor science has yet tested synthesis as a possible solution to their dilemma.
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation