Time to gird for battle? Well, count me out. I’d rather spend my effort doing conservation instead. Scientific data didn’t convince Gandhi to resist British rule. Laboratory analysis didn’t inspire Martin Luther King Jr. to march on Washington. I’ll join Wendell Berry and other diehard conservationists whose passion in defense of wild Creation arises from belief.
Lake Oswego, Oregon
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town