Time to gird for battle? Well, count me out. I’d rather spend my effort doing conservation instead. Scientific data didn’t convince Gandhi to resist British rule. Laboratory analysis didn’t inspire Martin Luther King Jr. to march on Washington. I’ll join Wendell Berry and other diehard conservationists whose passion in defense of wild Creation arises from belief.
Lake Oswego, Oregon
- Mark York on Tribes win one fight, lose another in pipeline protest
- Greg Arnold on New allegations of sexual harassment in Yosemite, Yellowstone
- Sophia Bogner on Tribes win one fight, lose another in pipeline protest
- Carolyn Poissant on Top 10 reasons not to move to Bozeman
- G M Ferguson on An electric-power giant is poised to fail