As a planner in the West, I know that you cannot separate social and environmental topics. The sprawl in our region, loss of agricultural lands, impacts to species, etc., can all be traced to social issues and events.
The line between "social" and "environmental" issues is very gray and quite permeable. Those of us who care need to keep this in mind so we don’t blind ourselves to the true actions that impact our environment, and relegate ourselves to jumping on the bandwagon once it’s too late.
Big Pine, California
- Paul Maurer on Emotions run high over monument designation in Utah
- Dylan Buchanan on In this season of potential megaburns, nix the campfire
- Dawn Hatch on We should be proud of delisting grizzlies
- Jim Bolen on Land transfer battles rage on, county by county
- Jim Bolen on We should be proud of delisting grizzlies