As a planner in the West, I know that you cannot separate social and environmental topics. The sprawl in our region, loss of agricultural lands, impacts to species, etc., can all be traced to social issues and events.
The line between "social" and "environmental" issues is very gray and quite permeable. Those of us who care need to keep this in mind so we don’t blind ourselves to the true actions that impact our environment, and relegate ourselves to jumping on the bandwagon once it’s too late.
Big Pine, California
- Peter Nelson on Two political elites prevail in Navajo primary melee
- Deb Dedon on New Mexico delays controversial Gila vote
- Deb Dedon on Considering historical correctness in New Mexico
- Deb Dedon on Two political elites prevail in Navajo primary melee
- Chuck Brushwood on Did Obama's Interior hobble the Endangered Species Act?