As a planner in the West, I know that you cannot separate social and environmental topics. The sprawl in our region, loss of agricultural lands, impacts to species, etc., can all be traced to social issues and events.
The line between "social" and "environmental" issues is very gray and quite permeable. Those of us who care need to keep this in mind so we don’t blind ourselves to the true actions that impact our environment, and relegate ourselves to jumping on the bandwagon once it’s too late.
Big Pine, California
- Wendy Beye on Another Yellowstone River oil spill
- Harvey H Reading on Wyoming grazing dispute threatens bighorn sheep
- irene gilbert on Critical mule deer research relies on fundraising
- Micaela Fischer on The Unusual Occupation at Utah’s Book Cliffs
- Larry Bullock on Wyoming grazing dispute threatens bighorn sheep