As a planner in the West, I know that you cannot separate social and environmental topics. The sprawl in our region, loss of agricultural lands, impacts to species, etc., can all be traced to social issues and events.
The line between "social" and "environmental" issues is very gray and quite permeable. Those of us who care need to keep this in mind so we don’t blind ourselves to the true actions that impact our environment, and relegate ourselves to jumping on the bandwagon once it’s too late.
Big Pine, California
- Greg Graves on Can human judgment handle avalanches?
- John W Stephens on Ranch Diaries: How to coexist with wild animals
- Ryan Stevenson on Can human judgment handle avalanches?
- Bryan Daneman on Scarcity and survival reign in ‘The Water Knife’
- Krista Langlois on Idaho mining dispute raises questions about the future of wilderness