As a planner in the West, I know that you cannot separate social and environmental topics. The sprawl in our region, loss of agricultural lands, impacts to species, etc., can all be traced to social issues and events.
The line between "social" and "environmental" issues is very gray and quite permeable. Those of us who care need to keep this in mind so we don’t blind ourselves to the true actions that impact our environment, and relegate ourselves to jumping on the bandwagon once it’s too late.
Big Pine, California
- Alan Stevens on Private property blocks access to public lands
- Linda VanFossan on California has one year of water left: Hype or reality?
- Joseph Yannuzzi on Sportsmen’s bill aims to open inaccessible public lands
- Robert Gates on Lessons from boom and bust in New Mexico
- colt por on Is there a way through the West's bitter wild horse wars?