Next, regarding the disposal of cremation ashes — my feeling is that it is criminal to bury humans in nonbiodegradable containers (HCN, 9/5/05: The meeting of heaven and earth). What does "dust to dust" mean, anyway? We are biomass, just like any other organic form that decomposes and feeds the earth. How anthropocentric can we get, that we feel so holy that we deprive the earth of our personal nutrient value? In my view, being exposed to the elements and eaten by critters is the only truly honest and loving way to go.
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation