Likewise, the fact that traditionally trained scientists cannot replicate and validate the results of nonlinear processes affecting nonlinear natural systems should surprise no one. The complex science that will underpin natural resource management 20 years from now is still in its infancy. The question of the day, again, is not whether these "new ranchers" can restore their landscapes but why are we, the greater society, afraid to let them?
Marys River Ranch, Nevada
- Alan Toney on How humans nurtured the hated mosquito
- David Bittner on A couple living off-the-grid fought water law — and won
- Tom Darnell on Humans and ecosystems mix it up on the U.S. - Mexico Borderlands
- Adam Hannuksela on How do Trump and Clinton differ on conservation?
- Robin Switzer on Humans and ecosystems mix it up on the U.S. - Mexico Borderlands