October 17, 2005
Modern-day scientists, retracing the path of Joseph Grinnell in Yosemite National Park, document conspicuous changes in the natural world and find a culprit unimagined by biologists 100 years ago: global warming. Also in this issue: On his 12th attempt, Rep. Richard Pombo, R-Calif., succeeds in pushing a bill through the U.S. House designed to reform the Endangered Species Act and end critical habitat protection.
- Mark Rozman on Study finds surprising source of Colorado River water supply
- Jim Brandau on The Park Service doesn’t need corporate sponsorship. It needs proper funding.
- James Connely on Stop the rock-stacking
- Alan Toney on Study finds surprising source of Colorado River water supply
- Dennis/Joy Hesselbarth on Stop the rock-stacking