Such a scheme would help save fragile plants and animals, prevent erosion, and give off-roaders a place to frolic.
There are almost no places that specialized earth-ripping vehicles cannot negotiate, and it appears that for their manufacturers (just view their ads), promoters and drivers, no more fun can be had than in tearing up living ecosystems. But these drivers should have a place to ply their activities, however destructive. That’s the American way.
If motorheads want to "enjoy nature" by tearing it up, let them do it in their own backyards.
- Robin Switzer on Humans and ecosystems mix it up on the U.S. - Mexico Borderlands
- Mark York on Tribes win one fight, lose another in pipeline protest
- Greg Arnold on New allegations of sexual harassment in Yosemite, Yellowstone
- Sophia Bogner on Tribes win one fight, lose another in pipeline protest
- Carolyn Poissant on Top 10 reasons not to move to Bozeman