Thought I’d let you know that this subscriber at least considers your brief to be "the West." Not just the environment, though environmental issues will naturally play a big part of any publication that considers the West its topic.
As far as I’m concerned, if it happens in, involves or materially affects the West or the people in it, and it’s something I’m not likely to see covered in my home town paper, then it will not be out of place in HCN.
- Steve Snyder on Making a monument from scratch
- Deb Dedon on Rains bring incomplete drought relief to parts of Southwest
- Deb Dedon on American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline
- Bette Korber on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- Garrett Allen on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking