I appreciate HCN for in-depth journalism on natural environmental issues in the West. I think you’re spending money unwisely on color photos when it could be better spent on content. Black-and-white photos illustrate people, tattoos and F-16s adequately (especially when it’s a two-page spread as in the last two issues — you could have put information/words on those pages!).
I vote for more investigative reporting. Pay reporters like Paul Krza an additional $2,000 an issue for articles instead of using it for color photos, and maybe you can get back to good in-depth journalism. I fear you’re contributing to the "dumbing" and numbing of readers — providing pictures instead of content and instead of keeping the focus on informative journalism.
- Paul Fuhrmann on Jury finds occupiers of Oregon wildlife refuge not guilty
- Mark Humphrey on The darkness at the heart of Malheur
- Mark Humphrey on Jury finds occupiers of Oregon wildlife refuge not guilty
- Nancie McCormish on I have a lot in common with the Bundys. Here’s what I’d like to say to them.
- Christy Nielsen on I have a lot in common with the Bundys. Here’s what I’d like to say to them.