I appreciate HCN for in-depth journalism on natural environmental issues in the West. I think you’re spending money unwisely on color photos when it could be better spent on content. Black-and-white photos illustrate people, tattoos and F-16s adequately (especially when it’s a two-page spread as in the last two issues — you could have put information/words on those pages!).
I vote for more investigative reporting. Pay reporters like Paul Krza an additional $2,000 an issue for articles instead of using it for color photos, and maybe you can get back to good in-depth journalism. I fear you’re contributing to the "dumbing" and numbing of readers — providing pictures instead of content and instead of keeping the focus on informative journalism.
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation
- guy zoellner on A young mule stringer helps keep a dying profession alive
- John W Stephens on Timberland herbicide spraying sickens a community