October 3, 2005
Susan Ryan, a young archaeologist, has some unusual ideas about why the Anasazi left their homes in the Southwest, 700 years ago. Also in this issue: In the city of Albuquerque, underdog candidate Eric Griego, a critic of sprawl, challenges incumbent Mayor Marty Chavez, a pro-growth booster.
- Marcia Ewell on National Park Service centennial shares limelight with scandals
- Todd McMahon on No Bikes in Wilderness. Period.
- Steve McCarthy on The end of coal is bringing a wrenching transition
- jim bolen on In Utah, the fight for a Bears Ears monument heats up
- Lance Pysher on No Bikes in Wilderness. Period.