September 5, 2005
The Quivira Coalition wants to bring peace and prosperity to the West’s public grazing lands, but some critics question whether the collaboration-based group can accomplish its goals. Also in this issue: The Navajo Nation is wrangling over the benefits – and dangers – of the proposed Desert Rock Power Plant in northwestern New Mexico.
- Steve Bonowski on Arizona Rep. Grijalva targets extremism on public lands
- Deanna Wulff on Climate change looms large over Obama’s Yosemite visit
- Melissa McDowell on When water turns to dust
- Thomas Arvensis on Go ahead, control my guns
- Vanessa Chacon on Invasive crayfish in Oregon devastate native newts