Lester R. Brown, 272 pages, hardcover $27.95, paperback $15.95: W.W. Norton, 2005.
Lester Brown, the environmental world’s leading prophet of doom, brings us his latest nonfiction disaster thriller. As world populations boom, farmers reach deeper and deeper underground for water; climate change is creating its own little form of hell on earth; and China threatens to wreak economic and political havoc as it turns to the world grain market to feed its billions. The hero that saves the day? Read the book to find out.
- Joe Cosentino on What if I’m not white?
- David W Hamilton on How do Trump and Clinton differ on conservation?
- David Bittner on This July 4th, take a gander at the phone book
- Harold Johnson on Right-wing militant charged for planting a bomb at BLM building
- James Foley on Homegrown anti-government militias threaten public safety