After half an hour of happy contemplation, we paddled out, and once around the corner, started the engine and proceeded slowly. "I don’t see what the big deal is with that spot," my husband said. "We’ve seen lots of other places around here even more spectacular." Just then, a man approached in a tiny boat. "Is it there?" he called out anxiously. "Oh yes," I replied, "and more beautiful than you can imagine!" We could see the man was almost overcome with emotion. Then he said, "I’ve been waiting all my life to see this." "Enjoy!" I called out to him as he passed by us. After that, my husband understood.
Pacific Palisades, California
- Helen Neufeld on Critics see GOP wildfire bill as attack on environmental protections
- Larry Bullock on The Latest: Wild Mexican wolf pups born in Sierra Madre
- Bruce Vojtecky on A day on the river that ended in a death
- Larry Bullock on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- stuart polack on bobcat kill