After half an hour of happy contemplation, we paddled out, and once around the corner, started the engine and proceeded slowly. "I don’t see what the big deal is with that spot," my husband said. "We’ve seen lots of other places around here even more spectacular." Just then, a man approached in a tiny boat. "Is it there?" he called out anxiously. "Oh yes," I replied, "and more beautiful than you can imagine!" We could see the man was almost overcome with emotion. Then he said, "I’ve been waiting all my life to see this." "Enjoy!" I called out to him as he passed by us. After that, my husband understood.
Pacific Palisades, California
- Traci Amborn on Fracking is the big new gun
- Deb Dedon on Should the president of the Navajo Nation speak Navajo?
- Deb O'Neill on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation
- Bill Williams on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation
- Nathan Johnson on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation