July 25, 2005
California Republican Rep. Richard Pombo made his mark blasting the Endangered Species Act, but now, he says, he’s learning to compromise on environmental issues. Also in this issue: The Bureau of Land Management rewrote a scientific report critical of its new grazing rules, and two veteran scientists have quit the agency in protest.
- Jane Shafroth on Rants from the Hill: The aliens that make Nevada home
- Irene S on No direction home
- Richard Crow on Ranch Diaries: Why cowboy life is intense
- Richard Crow on Mass shootings in Western states, by the numbers
- Mary Mcallister on Wildland restoration is like marriage: An imperfect work in progress