July 25, 2005
California Republican Rep. Richard Pombo made his mark blasting the Endangered Species Act, but now, he says, he’s learning to compromise on environmental issues. Also in this issue: The Bureau of Land Management rewrote a scientific report critical of its new grazing rules, and two veteran scientists have quit the agency in protest.
- Jim Scarborough on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- on Feds opt not to list Mono Basin sage grouse
- Chase Gunnell on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- Arnold Weissberg on Ranch Diaries: Building community in the middle of nowhere
- Steve Snyder on Only 40 years ago, the Earth got its day