July 25, 2005
California Republican Rep. Richard Pombo made his mark blasting the Endangered Species Act, but now, he says, he’s learning to compromise on environmental issues. Also in this issue: The Bureau of Land Management rewrote a scientific report critical of its new grazing rules, and two veteran scientists have quit the agency in protest.
- Candace Oathout on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution
- Stephen Hall on Rants from the Hill: Reno is a desert city with a river heart
- Kent Udell on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution
- The Taylors on How a huge Arizona mining deal was passed — and could be revoked
- Stu Williams on How a huge Arizona mining deal was passed — and could be revoked