July 25, 2005
California Republican Rep. Richard Pombo made his mark blasting the Endangered Species Act, but now, he says, he’s learning to compromise on environmental issues. Also in this issue: The Bureau of Land Management rewrote a scientific report critical of its new grazing rules, and two veteran scientists have quit the agency in protest.
- Frank Matyus on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- Matt Chew on Invasive crayfish in Oregon devastate native newts
- Jeffronimo Kingpin on Is Yucca Mountain back on the table?
- Verne House on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- Irene Schmidt on A tense confrontation on a quiet Montana road