Why doesn’t the state just buy the easement from the rancher at 80 cents on the dollar? That way the state saves 20 cents on the dollar, and the rancher still gets the same amount. The only ones losing are the wealthy and middlemen.
John Olbert Tucson, Arizona
- Regina Johnson on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Charles Fox on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Rex Johnson Jr on How to pass a wilderness bill in 2014
- April Warwick on Sweeping new rule for Alaska's predator control
- David Lichtenstein on The paradox of the housing boom and bust