Why doesn’t the state just buy the easement from the rancher at 80 cents on the dollar? That way the state saves 20 cents on the dollar, and the rancher still gets the same amount. The only ones losing are the wealthy and middlemen.
John Olbert Tucson, Arizona
- Tim McKimmie on Dear Forest Service: Today’s John Muir shoots video
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West