Why doesn’t the state just buy the easement from the rancher at 80 cents on the dollar? That way the state saves 20 cents on the dollar, and the rancher still gets the same amount. The only ones losing are the wealthy and middlemen.
John Olbert Tucson, Arizona
- Ricardo Small on In Arizona, the people move ahead of the politicians
- Dean Nyffeler on New data released on violent threats to federal employees
- John Crosse on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- John Worlock on The U.S.’s only rare-earth mine files for bankruptcy
- Andy Grosland on The pain thief of Spokane