So what if some property owners want to create greenbelts around their land? That’s not the problem with Western real estate. How about artificially inflated prices for land being marketed overseas by unscrupulous out-of-state realtors/developers? Or extractive industry speculators seizing on corrupt mining and water laws here in the West?
It’s easy to point fingers at organizations that have little money for lawyers and (gasp) "no staff," are loosely networked and independent, yet are doing far more to protect our environment than our current administration, despite the paltry handouts of tax credits.
(City withheld), Colorado
- Andrew Sipocz on The great salmon compromise
- Kyle Klain on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area
- Mary Sojourner on Rants from the Hill: Desert Insomnia
- Mary Sojourner on Solace at the end of Homer Spit
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on Why are Hopi rangers impounding sheep at Black Mesa?